MARTONEN- BIOLOGY LESSON PLANS- 3/19/18
HIGH SCHOOL CONTENT STANDARDS ADDRESSED
HS-LS2-8: Evaluate the evidence for the role of group behavior on individual and species’ chances to survive and reproduce.
HS-LS4-6: Create or revise a simulation to test a solution to mitigate adverse impacts of human activity on biodiversity. **
HS-LS1-4: Use a model to illustrate the role of cellular division (mitosis) and differentiation in producing and maintaining complex organisms.
HS-LS3-1: Ask questions to clarify relationships about the role of DNA and chromosomes in coding the instructions for characteristic traits passed from parents to offspring.
HS-LS3-2: Make and defend a claim based on evidence that inheritable genetic variations may result from: (1) new genetic combinations through meiosis, (2) viable errors occurring during replication, and/or (3) mutations caused by environmental factors.
HS-LS3-3: Apply concepts of statistics and probability to explain the variation and distribution of expressed traits in a population.
HS-LS4-1: Communicate scientific information that common ancestry and biological evolution are supported by multiple lines of empirical evidence.
HS-LS4-2: Construct an explanation based on evidence that the process of evolution primarily results from four factors: (1) the potential for a species to increase in number, (2) the heritable genetic variation of individuals in a species due to mutation and sexual reproduction, (3) competition for limited resources, and (4) the proliferation of those organisms that are better able to survive and reproduce in the environment.
1. Finish fish lab and relate to taxonomy
2. Finish Ch18 notes
3. Second 18 sheet due
4. Evolution opinion paper due Wednesday
EVOLUTION POST TEST
1. Finish chapter 18 notes- students will be able to describe characteristics of 6 kingdoms of organisms, structural and biochemical means of classification,
2. Lab 2- taxonomy- fish identification
- Finish- Ch18.1 &2 notes- relate to dichotomus keys
- Finish and turn in 18 fish taxonomic key for a grade
- Ch 18 review due
- Finish chapter 18 notes- students will be able to describe characteristics of 6 kingdoms of organisms, structural and biochemical means of classification, and cladograms
- Finish and review chapter 18 for test.
- Finish Ch18.3 notes sheet- kingdoms
- Second 18 sheet due
1. Ch 18 test
2. Read Ch 25
3. Ch 25 review sheet