MARTONEN- BIOLOGY LESSON PLANS- 5/14/17
HIGH SCHOOL CONTENT STANDARDS ADDRESSED
HS-LS2-8: Evaluate the evidence for the role of group behavior on individual and species’ chances to survive and reproduce.
HS-LS4-6: Create or revise a simulation to test a solution to mitigate adverse impacts of human activity on biodiversity.
HS-LS1-4: Use a model to illustrate the role of cellular division (mitosis) and differentiation in producing and maintaining complex organisms.
HS-LS3-1: Ask questions to clarify relationships about the role of DNA and chromosomes in coding the instructions for characteristic traits passed from parents to offspring.
HS-LS3-2: Make and defend a claim based on evidence that inheritable genetic variations may result from: (1) new genetic combinations through meiosis, (2) viable errors occurring during replication, and/or (3) mutations caused by environmental factors.
HS-LS3-3: Apply concepts of statistics and probability to explain the variation and distribution of expressed traits in a population.
HS-LS4-1: Communicate scientific information that common ancestry and biological evolution are supported by multiple lines of empirical evidence.
HS-LS4-2: Construct an explanation based on evidence that the process of evolution primarily results from four factors: (1) the potential for a species to increase in number, (2) the heritable genetic variation of individuals in a species due to mutation and sexual reproduction, (3) competition for limited resources, and (4) the proliferation of those organisms that are better able to survive and reproduce in the environment.
1. Test - worms
2. Note sheet- arthropods
3. Review sheet- arthropods
1. Lab- arthropod model classification- students will follow procedure and answer questions on a lab sheet as they use arthropod characteristics to classify several arthropod models.
2. Finish Ch38 arthropod review sheet.
1. LAB- crayfish and grasshopper- students will perform procedure and answer questions on a lab sheet to compare two preserved specimens.
2. Finish Ch38-arthropoda review sheet-DUE TODAY
1. Lab 39- finish- compare grasshopper andcrayfish external features
2. Lab 55- crayfish internal dissection- students will follow procedure and answer questions on a lab sheet for a grade
3. Note sheet- arthropoda
1. Discuss chilopda, diplpoda, and arachnida
2. Review for arthropods test
3. Answers to all lab and work sheets